The Garment Research, Design Training & Development Center, Bellary has been established with the financial assistance from ASIDE (Assistance to state for Developing Export Infrastructure & Allied Industries), Department of Handloom and Textiles, Government of Karnataka and Karnataka state Textile Infrastructure Development Corporation. The Center is Providing systematic training not only to the rural youth but also to the techinical personnel seeking better opportunities in garment sector with following objectives:
- To Provide skilled manpower to the apparel industry for manufacturing products as per international standards.
- To promote manpower and design development required for garment manufacturing.
- To provide training to the rural youth and the weaker sections of the society to enhance employment opportunities for them.
Keeping the human resource requirement of the apparel industry in view, the following courses are offered by the Centre:
- Short Term Courses
- Degree Courses.
Garment Research Training & Design Center. Bellary Sewing Section
Garment Research Training & Design Center. Bellary
Pattern & Cutting Section CAD Section
Pattern & Cutting Section
Building Sewing Section
Cutting Section Finishing Secion
- Project Cost Rs. 80.00 lakhs.
- NIFT has handed over the assets of the Training Center
- KIADB has allotted buildings on rental basis
- Garment Machineries imported from Japan, China & other countries & installed.
- Furniture & Fixtures and teaching aids & tools procured.
- Rs. 38 lakhs per annum recurring expenditure is provided by department of H & T.