About the Institute
The Garment Research, Design Training & Development Center, Bellary has been established with the financial assistance from ASIDE (Assistance to state for Developing Export Infrastructure & Allied Industries), Department of Handloom and Textiles, Government of Karnataka and Karnataka state Textile Infrastructure Development Corporation. The Center is providing systematic training not only to the rural youth but also to the technical personnel seeking better opportunities in garment sector with following objectives:
- To Provide skilled manpower to the apparel industry for manufacturing products as per international standards.
- To promote manpower and design development required for garment manufacturing.
- To provide training to the rural youth and the weaker sections of the society to enhance employment opportunities for them.
The said institute is built on 2.2 acres of land at Nallacheruvu, Ballari and has three main units viz. Administrative & Academic Block, Boys & Girls Hostels and Canteen & Convention Hall, The Academic Block consists of Sewing Section, Pattern Making and Cutting Section, Garment Finishing Section and Computer Aided Design Section. All the sections of the centers are fully equipped with imported modern machinery such as single needle lock stick machine with under-bed trimmer, double needle lock-stitch, feed off the arm, Over lock, flat lock, chain stick, electronic button holes, lock-stick button sewing, electronic lock-stitch, bar-ticker, electronic key button holes, waist band attach, loop making automatic pocket setter, single-needle lock zigzag (fully programmable), auto zig, collar turning, trimming and blocking, cuff blocking, pneumatic snap attaching, blind stitch, washing machine with dyeing facility and computerize embroidery machine.
These modern facilities will help students and professionals to come up with innovative and globally competitive products. In addition, the centre has experienced and trained faculty to impart latest knowledge to the students. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has also lent its support to the centers by developing course curriculum and providing training to the faculty. Also institute provides equipped hostel facilities for both male & female students. Each accommodating nearly 50 students.
The above said Institute is affiliated to Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ballari and is offering 3 years B.Sc (Garment Manufacturing Technology) degree course.
Apart from degree course Institute is also offering the following courses keeping the human resource requirement for the apparel industry.
Garment Research Training & Design Center. Bellary Sewing Section
Garment Research Training & Design Center. Bellary
Pattern & Cutting Section CAD Section
Pattern & Cutting Section
Building Sewing Section
Cutting Section Finishing Secion
- Project Cost Rs.80.00 Lakhs.
- NIFT has handed over the assets of the Training Center.
- KIADB has allotted buildings on rental basis.
- Garment Machineries imported from Japan, China & other countries &
- Furniture & Fixtures and teaching aids & tools procured.
Courses Offered By GTI
- Sewing Machine Operator Programme (SMOP) Training Programme.
Duration : 45 days.
Intake Capacity : 30
- Elementary Ladies Garment Design. (Paid Courses)
Duration : 4 Months
Intake Capacity : 30